Your Guide to Planetary Energies for
July 6 to 12, 2015
By Pam Younghans
Photo: Auroras over Marquette, Michigan, USA, on June 23, 2015 (credit: Shawn Malone, posted on SpaceWeather.com)
THE SUN aligns with the fixed star Sirius this week, while also opposing Pluto on Monday and squaring Uranus next Sunday. These aspects form bookends on our week, sending us a reminder note that the transformational influence of the Pluto-Uranus square is still reverberating.
Sirius is usually the brightest star in our night sky. But for 70 days each year, Sirius rises with the Sun, and so is hidden from our view by the Sun’s bright light.
ESOTERICALLY, Sirius is called “the cosmic heart of our physical Sun”; the alignment each year can be seen as representing an opportunity for us to experience and enhance the union of our physical and spiritual perspectives.
The theme of cleansing and renewal is also associated with Sirius Rising. Before the High Dam at Aswan was built, the Nile River flooded every year during the weeks that Sirius and the Sun aligned, inundating the arid land with life-giving water. As the river receded, it left behind rich silt that fertilized the soil, marking the beginning of ancient Egypt’s growing season.
AS THE SUN opposes Pluto and squares Uranus during its alignment with Sirius, we are not only supported in aligning with our divine nature — we are compelled to do so by the challenges that lie before us.
The website www.divineharmony.org shares these insights about the effects of these alignments:
“Major openings occur between the 3D world and spiritual, mystical, transpersonal experience. Intense experiences burn away the dross — whatever is left standing is what is True and Right. We can turn base metal into gold … but we need to keep up with our Inner Work and be willing to question and take down the structures, limitations, dogmas and traditions that are not valid for our lives.”
WITH PLUTO exactly opposite the Sun on Monday, we will be especially in tune early in the week with the powerful themes brought forward by the “dwarf planet” — cleansing and purging of old patterns, revelation of truths previously hidden, and transformation of old forms on the road to rebirth. This is one of the bookends of the week — and the one that may feel the most overwhelming due to its need to go deeply into our psyches to “burn away the dross.”
At the other end of the week, we have the Sun-Uranus bookend. Like Pluto, Uranus is a harbinger of change — but with the added theme of potential breakthrough.
IT IS TRUE that Uranus can bring about surprises, instability, and breakdowns as first steps on the way to the breakthrough moment. But since the planet also represents Higher Consciousness, the uncertainty it initiates also provides the opportunity for us to access unexpected insights, higher level information, or unique solutions.
Our challenge, with Uranus squaring the Cancer Sun, will be to move beyond our comfort zone, our traditions, perhaps even our need to feel safe. Uranus in Aries is the explorer of unknown territories, and does its best work when not constrained by rules or fears.
A SCRIPT for this week might go something like this:
• The Pluto-Sun opposition on Monday makes us more clearly aware of patterns that do not belong in the future we are creating — fear-based patterns that we are needing to release and purge.
• As Mercury and the Saturn form a quincunx on Tuesday, we come to terms with the need to take better control (Saturn in Scorpio) of our thinking and our tendency to over-think (Mercury in Gemini).
• On Wednesday, the Mars-Neptune trine helps us better align our actions and our desires with our spiritual perspective.
• With Mercury squaring the Moon’s Nodes on Friday, we will need to find a better balance and objectivity (North Node in Libra) to help us rise above the fluctuating mental-emotional realms (Mercury in Cancer).
• By the time of Sunday night’s Sun-Uranus square, we’ll hopefully have established a strong enough balance — mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually — to take advantage of the insights and breakthroughs that are available.